Wednesday, August 6, 2014

We have our TA!!!



We have been waiting almost 5 loooooong weeks now for our TA (travel approval) so we can finally go get our daughter. I feel like I have been dying a very slow death over these last few weeks (seriously!). In a move of desperation I decided to call my agency and speak with my rep so I could just get it off my chest more less. As soon as she got on the phone I basically started crying to her that I didn't know how much longer I could do this (Of course I can do this as long as I need to, but she "gets" it!!) and that I just needed her to talk me off the ledge so to speak.
After I got done whining to her she calmly said that she was actually getting ready to call me and tell me that she had some news: "We got word that your TA has been approved"! I could hardly believe my ears!

My agencies on staff Chinese director had actually made a call the night before to the CCCWA (China's children's welfare authority) to inquire about our TA.  Knowing we were coming up on the longest wait time they really ever see they feared maybe something could have gone wrong and wanted to be sure they had record of our file. Apparently they had actually approved our TA already but for whatever reason the paperwork had not yet been mailed out to our agency (really?! UGH!!!).  They told Zhou that it would be mailed this week (please let that mean tomorrow!!!).

So we don't actually have a TA physically in our possession, but we are approved and we WILL be moving forward very very soon :)

Next steps? Well, once we have the physical TA our agency will call the US Embassy in China and set up Lily's visa appointment so that she can come home with us to the US. Since after the adoption is complete in China she will no longer have Chinese citizenship and she will be an American citizen she will have to also get her visa in order to get back to her new home with us in America.
We don't have any way of knowing what appointments they have available or when they will be able to get us in, but our agency says they will be asking for the next available appointment.  As soon as we get that information (we are praying that will be by early next week) we will know exactly when we are leaving for China and begin booking our trip!

Please continue to pray with us that Liliana stays well and we are able to get to her quickly.  My heart just breaks to think about each night she continues to spend there without her mom and dad. This past Saturday, August 2nd, marked the first full year that she has spent in the orphanage. How amazing and merciful to know it will be her first and last - I wish there was some way to help her understand she has a home and family and they will be coming for her within weeks!

This journey has been incredibly difficult and taxing in many physical, mental, emotional and monetary ways. Of course, it is worth every single thing we "endure" to get to Lily and we will soon see the full fruits of this. Whatever God has called us to do He will bless. I pray that I can continue to lean into him and not keep trying to take back control of this process. It makes it so much easier and better in the end - hard thing to do for a "type A" personality that just needs to make sure everything works out the way it's supposed to - ha!

"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS."For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."  ~Matthew 29-30


"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,

    neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
"As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts." ~Isaiah 55:8-9


Both of the above scriptures were from our sermon at Rivertree Church this past Sunday. They couldn't have been more timely for us and we really felt like God was speaking directly to us. Praise the Lord for His living word!!!


With love, 
Jessica (and family) 








No comments:

Post a Comment