Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Our first set of PICTURES!!

I was shutting down my computer at the pregnancy care center this afternoon and just as I hit "log out" on my screen I saw the subject line of a new email come through that said "update for Tye"! My heart skipped a beat because I realized it was from our adoption agency!!!

Of course, I quickly signed back on and opened up the email. It read: 
"Just got this from Zhou! Have a fantastic day!! Chris <3"
**Zhou is "Uncle Joe" - a Chinese gentleman who works with our agency as a sort of "go between" with the orphanage and he will also be our guide when we travel to China so he is back and forth from Ohio to China constantly with families.

"OMGosh!!!! We just got our referral last week and put in the request for additional pics on Thursday, but we didn't think we would have any for a couple of weeks. I just couldn't believe that we were getting them already :) Of course I burst into tears and called Derek immediately!  Would you believe that when I called he had stopped at our house to have a late lunch with my mother in law, Jeannie, who just happened to be watching Gabby for me today. I was forwarding the pictures as quickly as possible and Derek and Jeannie were pulling up the email account as quickly as they could. Derek had me on speaker so I could hear Jeannie's squeals of happiness and joy as they began looking at Lily's pictures - it was a perfect joyful moment!

So without further adieu I would love to introduce (in full color!!) our precious little Liliana - as taken just a couple of days ago at her orphanage. Enjoy!
(BTW, we learned today that she really isn't so super tiny! She is petite in features and frame but according to today's reported measurements,she is almost exactly Gabby's height (just under 3 feet) and only weighs about 5lbs less (at 23lbs)! Looks like my girls will be sharing alot of clothes and are going to be a little more "twin like" than I even originally thought! ;)

 Here she is with a nanny grabbing for a Sponge Bob toy!

Look at her sharing with a little friend :)

 I think that is a sly little smile as she looks at her toy!

How is she so cute even when she is sad?!

She always has other little ones around her - must be the gentle spirit we are hearing about with her!

She is really really into that toy! 

Well, hello beautiful baby girl!!!  

I just can't believe this is really her. It's so surreal. Everything is happening so fast now after all the waiting. It just feels like a dream. So so in love with this little face and we can't wait to meet her....every day is one day closer!





No comments:

Post a Comment