Monday, July 14, 2014

Moments, Milestones and Memories!

This past week was full of great moments, milestones and memories!  Our Article 5 in China was picked up on July 2nd and now we wait for our travel approval. We had really hoped that last week would be the week we would get that, but it wasn't to be. I am praying that God was saving that incredible news for this week because how can you have so much good stuff in one week?!

So last week started with Derek and I going to the Federal Building downtown and the USCIS office to get our fingerprints updated.
 Derek filling out his paperwork.
Since they expire on August 10th we needed to be sure that we had them updated for when we do leave for China. That went flawlessly and we are anticipating getting our receipt back (the paperwork we need to take with us) quickly.

Montana (Tanner - our oldest son) got his passport in the mail so that was also very exciting!

We had an amazing week of VBS at Rivertree Church and I just kept thinking that next year's VBS I will have a beautiful China doll running around with her sister - double trouble!  :)

We had also started our interviews with Au Pairs from China. After much praying and searching for what childcare route we should go once Lily comes home we felt that God very clearly spoke this program into our hearts so we began to explore it.
With having the 2 two year old girls at home I knew I was going to need help to get through all the medical exams, doctor appts and numerous other things that may come up after bringing Liliana home. We felt the best way to handle it was to have a nanny or really just a "mother's helper" that could be there when I needed someone. Right now we enjoy our precious Mariah every week, but she will be going back to school about the same time we are coming home with Lily. (we had considered trying to clone her, though!)

After speaking with many incredible Chinese girls we have certainly felt we connected with one specifically. We continue to explore all the ins and outs and are asking God for continued clarity on the situation, but we hope to have an answer to if we will have TWO new girls in our family or not very soon.

And to save the best for last was Lily's Adoption Shower! My sweet girlfriends (a group of 5 or 6  or more of them!) hosted a party to celebrate Lily and her upcoming arrival to our family - her family this past Saturday at our church.  It was so incredibly beautiful. I was moved to tears (still am just thinking about it) as I walked in and saw the decorations and transformation that the room had made at these talented ladies hands - and 3 of them that were part of the active planning,
decorating and putting together of this party had brand new babies!! Man do I feel loved and know that my sweet little girl is completely accepted and loved by my incredible network of family and friends.  :)

It was so wonderful just to spend the afternoon thinking about, talking about and celebrating our precious little girl. I prayed that God would just wrap her in warmth in the moment and allow her to feel all of the love that was in that room for her wherever she was at that time.

We also took up a donation to be given to the orphanage that is currently caring for Liliana and I was amazed that there was more than $600 given to bless those precious children! I can hardly wait to pass that along to them.

I have included many pictures from the event below. I hope you enjoy and stay tuned for the announcement of our travel dates - we are believing to know those this week!!!



 Look at how incredibly beautiful and sweet these decorations are!  These ladies are incredibly talented aren't they?! :)

Look at all those babies! Ranging from 4 days old to 6 months old :)
Look at this table of incredible food - the cupcake tower were made my dear dear friend, Anna Limbird. She is a dessert genius! The basket on the very end had fortune cookies that had been dipped in white and milk chocolate with sprinkles and tied up in twos :) Inside instead of "fortunes" were scriptures.  Jennifer is another dear friend that has made yummy confection making her career...her talent shows here for sure with the fortune cookies! :)

My beautiful Chinese friend Liyuan (Grace) and her mother-in-law and my dear friend Elaine


My precious sister-in-laws Sarah (w/ my sweet brand new niece, Emily) and Ashlee and, of course, my baby girl Gabby!





 My girlfriend, Christie, made this donation box for the shower. Instead of gifts we asked that if guests wanted to give anything it be in the form of a donation (no matter how small) to Lily's orphanage. There are many other children that will remain behind and we want to provide whatever we can for them until they find their families :)

 My sweet mother-in-law :)

Our middle son, Maxwell, wanted to join the shower so he came along with me. He wore his "favorite shirt" (as he says!) and brought along the canvas print of his newest baby sister for the shower - love this kid!!! 

Thank you to everyone who made this shower such a special day for me, Lily and all the children that will be effected because of your love and generosity! We are all the hands and feet :)
Much love, 
Jessica & family




No comments:

Post a Comment